Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] An error during compiling linux(vex-express-dt)

On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 04:15 +0000, Josh Zhao wrote:
> Hi Ian,
> After enabling the option of "Versatile Express Cortex-A9x4 tile" in
> platform type, the linux managed to be compiled.

Hrm, that seems like an odd option to require...

Are you sure you have checked out dvrable.git#vexpress-dt? The head of
that branch is 9e332dccad2 "Revert "HACK! call flush_cache_all() after
updating translation..." while you report that you are running
55b02d2f4445 "Merge branch 'drm-fixes' of git..." which looks to me like
a mainline Linux commit (Linus is the committer) and not something from
David's tree.

Ah! 55b02d2f4445 is dvrable.git#master not #vexpress-dt. You need to
switch to the correct branch.

I've added xen-devel to the CC since that is a better place to find
people interested in this port to ARM. (xen-arm is more focused on the
PV ARM port, I've added a note to this effect to the wiki page
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions )

>   When tried running it, I have the same problem as posted thread
> before: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/arm/233932, a data
> abort.

You need the patch "arm: support fewer LR registers than virtual irqs"
by Stefano Stabellini (please search the xen-devel list archives) to run
on the A15 model. v4 was posted on 23 Feb, it is not quite in its final
form but is good enough for you to be going on with.

Thanks,
Ian.