Re: [Xen-devel] Initial 'make clean' fails

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 14:54 -0500, Jeffrey Karrels wrote:

> subdirs-all subdirs-clean subdirs-install subdirs-distclean: .phony
>         @set -e; for subdir in $(SUBDIRS) $(SUBDIRS-y); do \
>                 if test -d  subdir/.; then \

This would need to be a ${sbudir} or something?

Looking at tools/Makefile I see targets like
subdir-clean-qemu-xen-traditional-dir and subdir-clean-qemu-xen-dir
which do e.g.:
        subdir-clean-qemu-xen-dir:
                set -e; if test -d qemu-xen-dir/.; then \
                        $(buildmakevars2shellvars); \
                        $(MAKE) -C qemu-xen-dir clean; \
                fi

This is presumably there to override the wildcard rule in
tools/Rukes.mk. I think adding a similar rune for SeaBIOS (and anything
else we clone at runtime) would be a good idea.

I don't know what that buildmakevars2shellvars is doing there -- I would
have imagined that was only necessary for the rule which calls xen-setup
in the qemu-xen-traditional-dir case.

Ian.