Re: [Xen-devel] Core parking feature enable

>>> On 01.03.12 at 12:14, "Liu, Jinsong" <jinsong.liu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unfortunately, yes, though cumbersome is not basic reason user space
> approach is not preferred.
> Core parking is a power management staff, based on dynamic physical details
> like cpu topologies and maps owned by hypervisor. It's natural to implement

CPU topology is available to user space, and as far as I recall your
hypervisor patch didn't really manipulate any maps - all it did was pick
what CPU to bring up/down, and then carry out that decision.

> it at hypervisor side, like what other xen power management staffs do. Based

Other power management stuff can't be easily done in user space.

> on same reason does native linux choose to implement it at kernel, not at
> user space.

Sorry, no, I don't consider Linux having taken (or going to take - after
all I can't find the word "park" when grepping 3.3-rc5's drivers/acpi/, so
I assume the patch isn't in yet) a questionable decision a reason for
Xen to follow blindly.

Jan