[Xen-devel] Preventing hotplug devices in HVM guests

Hi there,

Is there a way to prevent Windows HVM guests from seeing passed through devices like graphics cards as being ejectable?
i.e. you pass through a graphics adapter to an HVM guest which happens to be Windows.  Windows sees this as a device with hotplug capability.
Therefore it shows up in "safely remove hardware" option in the windows system tray.

VMWare provides an option to turn that off.
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1012225

I don't seem an option of this in Xen 4.2 yet.  How can I override this behavior in Xen?

I tried commenting out the following in:  tools/ioemu-qemu-xen/hw$ vi pass-through.c

    /* SHPC Capability List Item reg group */
    {
        .grp_id     = PCI_CAP_ID_HOTPLUG,
        .grp_type   = GRP_TYPE_HARDWIRED,
        .grp_size   = 0x08,