Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: AMD support for paging

At 09:09 -0800 on 15 Feb (1329296951), Andres Lagar-Cavilla wrote:
> That's basically my thinking, these are mutually exclusive conditions. And
> I'm curious as to whether that is causing the triple fault that's killing
> my domains.

I doubt it - at least not directly.  Have you passed through a PCI[e]
card to them?

> You seem to imply that p2m+IOMMU unification is turned on by
> default -- that would crash PoD domains on AMD, wouldn't it?

Only PoD + passthrough, if you happened to DMA to a non-populated
address.  But the same is true on Intel (though not all Intel h/w has
compatible EPT and VT-D tables).

Cheers,

Tim.