Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about LOG system

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 09:49 +0000, ææå wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Ian Campbell
> <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Please do not top post.
>         http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/AskingXenDevelQuestions
>
>         On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 06:40 +0000, ææå wrote:
>         > Well, I have found the wrong code.
>         > The macro DPRINTF  points to
>         > #define DPRINTF(_f, _a...) xc_report(xch,
>         xch->error_handler,
>         > XTL_DETAIL, 0, _f, ## -a)
>         > So is this Xen's private log system ? Where messages write
>         via
>         > xc_report and xc_report_error function?
>

>         You should have been able to find these functions by using
>         "grep" or
>         other similar tools (hint: look under tools/libxc).
>
>         Had you done so you would have found that they use the xtl
>         logger
>         infrastructure. xch->error_handler is the logger passed to
>         xc_interface_open(), the behaviour of which is documented in
>         the header.
>
>         Ian.
>

> I have found these codes. Then how can I change the position of xen
> tool log or change the log level? I found it may be separated with
> Xend log.

Note that xend is deprecated. All new development should be based on xl
and libxl.

You'd have to change the code. If xend is involved then will likely
including enhancing the python bindings for libxc (tools/python/.../xc)
to support changing these options, or you could just hack the options
you want into the C part of bindings and not worry about the python
side.

Ian.