Re: [Xen-devel] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference - xen_spin_lock_flags

On 2/14/12 5:09 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
I suspect this must be&netbk->net_schedule_list_lock but I don't see
how that can ever be NULL nor does the offset appear to be 0x474, at
least in my tree -- although that may depend on debug options.

Are you rebooting guests or plug/unplugging vifs while this is going on?

Sorry - I'm relaying some of this on behalf of another team member.

The dom0 insta-panics when running iperf and then bringing a vif down (for a network rules rebuild). We've only been able to trigger it when the dom0 is dealing with a boatload of packets. So, it smells like a race between the vif being marked down, and something thinking it can still deliver packets to it...

root@dom0# ip link set vif2.0 down (return = BOOM)
br0: port 4(vif2.0) entering forwarding state
BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000474
IP: [<c100e967>] xen_spin_lock_flags+0x27/0x70

-Chris