Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Driver Domain for GPU API remoting

On 08.02.2012 06:53, George Dunlap wrote:
On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Michael A. Collins
<mike.a.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently read about Xen3D and the whole idea of API remoting for graphics is new to me, so that's the level I'm coming from. ÂMy question is as
follows:

I'm not sure anyone here is currently working on API remoting.  It
sounds like you're perhaps suggesting making a new PV frontend/backend
protocol, similar to blockback/front, netback/front, pvscsi, pvusb,
and so on, which would do 3D graphics processing on behalf of guests.
Is that correct?

It sounds like it could be useful to me.  Are you volunteering to
develop such a protocol? :-)

That I am. Excuse me while I lock myself away for a while and ponder what I've just gotten myself into.
Mike