Re: [Xen-devel] Cdrom on Linux domU PV

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 14:32 +0000, Fantu wrote:
> I tried to use cdrom in domU linux pv (Linux Mint 11 based on Natty).
> With '/mnt/vm/iso/test.iso,raw,xvdb,ro,cdrom', Mint sees it as internal disk
> (not cdrom) and only administrators can mount it.
> I tried also '/dev/scd0,raw,xvdb,ro,cdrom' does the same thing.
> Is possible use cdrom on linux domU pv full working where also normal user
> can mount it without terminal?

It should be. Please can you provide the output of "xenstore-ls -fp"
when the guest is running with the device attached.

Also from within the guest can you run (as root):
        udevadm info --query=all --path /block/xvdb
and post the output.

> Did I something wrong, or are there still bugs in this regard?

The most recent bugs of this type were in udev and not Xen and caused it
to fail to correctly detect Xen CD-ROMs as such. If the above indicates
everything is OK on the Xen side then we can delve into that a little
deeper but in the meantime what version of udev are you running in the
guest?

> Dom0 is Squeeze 6.0.4 64 bit with kernel 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 version
> 2.6.32-41, xen from xen-unstable.hg changeset 24593:e2722b24dc09

What is the domU kernel version?

Ian.