[Xen-devel] GPLPV and pci passthrough

James,
        At least one other person (Lta, included in this message) and I
have had problems using passthrough pci devices and your GPLPV drivers
at the same time.  My symptoms are that SMB connections are totally
unreliable (however, downloading over http seems to work well enough).
For example, if I start a video or audio file, playing from the network,
it will play the first few seconds fine, then the connection drops out.
I can confirm that the problems don't exist when not passing through any
devices.

        I'm using xen-unstable c/s 24465, 3.2.1 dom0, win 7 64bit domU
with an ATI 4770, USB controller, and ICE1712 based pci sound card
passed through.  I used the gplpv_Vista2008x64_0.11.0.308.msi drivers.

        I tried the -debug drivers, and I see a ton of output in qemu
log, however, all that output seems to be at initialization.  I do not
see any additional output from your drivers after boot, including when
I'm experiencing problems.

        I took a quick look at tcpdump output and it does seem the guest
is ACKing the packets as they come in, so my first guess is that they're
getting lost somewhere between the driver and the OS network stack.

        I've never set up a build environment for these drivers so I
haven't tried adding any extra debug output.  Have you looked into the
(or a similar) problem before, or have a more verbose debug copy of the
net driver you've used to diagnose similar problems before?

        I guess the real question is, do you have any idea where we
should start looking?

Thanks,
Doug