Re: [Xen-devel] After switching from "xm" to "xl" toolstack, can't get Guest networking to work.

Hi Jim.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012, at 08:55 AM, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> Generally speaking, xen.org documentation applies to the xen packages in
> openSUSE.

Okay then.  That simplifies life.  Thanks.

What will be the best place to track fixes to this issue in
Opensuse-land?  Xen-users list?  Opensuse-virtual list? I'd like to get
off _this_ list if possible.  I don't really fit here.  Unless it really
is the right forum to follow.

I got your comment that you'd look for fixes in the Opensuse 12.2
time-frame.  As I read the openSUSE Roadmap, the scheduled release date
for openSUSE 12.2 is July 2012.

We won't switch to a new OS release until after it's in production.  We
_are_ willing to use a few non-production repositories for key packages.
 Xen's one of them.

Should we plan to see these Xen fixes in a shorter timeframe in a repo
built for use with 12.1 release/kernel prior to that 12.2 release date?
Or to meet our requirements, would you - or others here - suggest we get
onto a different OS+Xen stack?

Regards,

Erin