Re: [Xen-devel] After switching from "xm" to "xl" toolstack, can't get Guest networking to work.

Hi Ian.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 09:20 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > I can't figure out how to get xl to output to a xend-debug.log (xm does,
> > as expected).
>
> They should be going to /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug.

Not a peep in there.  Not even a there, there.

 xl create test.cfg

 ls -al /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug
  ls: cannot access /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug: No such file or directory

> So, presumably either the xenstore_read_default is failing or domu is
> zero length and the script is explicitly bailing here.
>
> However I do not see anything like this anywhere in the hotplug script
> shipped with Xen. Either this is a local modification

I haven't made any local modifications.  At least not intentionally.

Here's the vif-bridge script ==> http://pastebin.com/9nHESsqS

> or something done by your distribution

It's opensuse.

> in which case you should contact them.

I already have.  Well, I tried.  Both on their mailing list
(opensuse-virtual), and cc'ing this thread to one of their developers
seemingly active on this mailing list.

So far the only reponses have been - there - from someone on Fedora16
seeing the same problem, and - here - from non-suse types, such as
yourself, trying to help.  Other than asking for their help, I don't
know how to convince them to help.  I can only work with the assistance
of folks that'll talk to me about the problem.

> What does this node contain under xend?

I don't understand the question.  Is there some specific detail I can
give you ?  Is it the value of 'domu' you're after?

> What does your script go on to do with this domu value?

Does the script pastebin above answer that for you?

> Perhaps given that xend writes this domain node so perhaps xl should
> too. In a few cases (vkb, vfb, console) it does seem to add it but in
> others (disk, nic, etc) etc does not. To be honest I don't really see
> what purpose it serves to put the domain's name in each device's backend
> subdirectory.

Regards,

Erin