Re: [Xen-devel] memop struct packing, 32/64 bits

>>> On 22.01.12 at 21:37, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So for the "Fun" of it I tried to see if the 'struct
> xen_processor_performance' has some 32/64-bit issues and was surprised
> to find they do. What I am more surprised to find is that nobody seems
> to have had any troubles with this as it seems to have been there since
> it was initially implemented. The major issue would have been with the
> 'shared_type', 'domain_info' and the pointer to the 'states' being at
> different offsets (So when running a 32-bit dom0 with a 64-bit
> hypervisor).

Are you having an actual problem with the layout differences, or
did you just observe them? As Keir said, this is being dealt with
inside the hypervisor - the (Dom0) kernel doesn't need to care at
all (which was the primary requirement when the 32-on-64
support got added).

Jan