Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Still TODO for 4.2?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Jan Beulich wrote:

> >> Apart from a few small things that I have on my todo list, the only
> >> bigger one (at least from an possible impact perspective) is the
> >> round-up of the closing of the security hole in MSI-X passthrough
> >> (uniformly - i.e. even for Dom0 - disallowing write access to MSI-X
> >> table pages), which I intended to do only once the upstream qemu
> >> patch series also incorporates the respective recent qemu-xen
> >> change.
> >
> > It sounds like this issue is a blocker for the release, whereas the
> > upstream qemu support for pci passthrough is not necessarily. Has your
> > precondition for inclusion been met yet or do we need to prod someone?
>
> I didn't see updated upstream qemu patches since this was discussed
> on irc - Anthony, do you have a rough time line?

We had long discussions on qemu-devel and on #qemu, I think we have a
plan now and I am currently prototyping a different approach to solve
the issue. The new approach requires libxl support, so I would still
like to put upstream qemu save/restore in the roadmap, at least for the
libxl side.