Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domains and hotplug scripts, redux

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domains and hotplug scripts,
redux"):
> We need to consider 3 cases:
>       * guest initiated graceful shutdown
>       * toolstack initiated graceful shutdown
>       * toolstack initiated forceful destroy.

When we consider that the driver and toolstack domains might be
different, there are in fact three different levels of grace:
  i.   fully graceful: wait for both guest and driver domain
  ii.  semi graceful: mess up the guest, wait only for driver domain
  iii. very ungraceful: mess up the guest and the driver domain

I'm not sure whether how often we want (iii), but (ii) is going to be
the common case.  However:

> The forceful destroy case is different, it is effectively:
> 1. rm backend dir in xenstore.

That's (iii).  We want a way to do (ii) as well.

Ian.