Re: [Xen-devel] question about i915 driver in dom0

well, there happens once with a checkboard screen, with the rest all
white screens.

> > The LKML had some fixes for this from Keith Packard. Something about
> > using i915.semaphores=0 I think. And I thought I saw some fixes for
> > 3.2-rc7 for this but not sure..
>
> I'll have a try on latest Linux on this. But I suspect that this may be a
> virtualization specific bug (e.g. similar gfn/mfn issue as nvidia case),
> because same dom0 image could run glxgear smoothly on bare metal.

I used latest 3.2 release, no difference.

i915.semaphores=0 has no effect.

But I observed below warnings in the boot process:
[    8.872430] [drm] MTRR allocation failed.  Graphics performance may suffer.
[   18.384552] microcode: CPU0 update to revision 0x1b failed

Not sure whether above two issues may have impact on the said problem.
I know microcode update is still missing in upstream, but not sure about any
MTRR specific pending patches.

Thanks
Kevin