Re: [Xen-devel] set_phys_to_machine not exported?

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 08:10:52PM +0000, James Harper wrote:

> > On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:06:58PM +0000, James Harper wrote:
> > > I'm trying to compile pvscsi out-of-tree, and I'm getting an error that
> > set_phys_to_machine is not defined when I try to load the module (with the
> > warning to that effect at compile time too). This used to work fine in
> > pvops.
> >
> > Which tree are you using? The devel/xen-scsi-1.0 ?
> >
> > Or the #testing one?
> >
> > What do you mean: "This used to work fine in pvops" ? Can you be more
> > specific please.
>
> Quite a while ago I grabbed scsiback out of 2.6.18 and patched it up so it
> compiled against jeremy's 2.6.32 tree (out-of-tree build though). That worked
> fine, and I didn't need scsifront as gplpv is the front end.

Ah, you are using the Windows Xen SCSI driver. Cool. Excited to know it works
that well.

> Now I'm trying to do the same against 3.0.1 (just compiling against the
> debian kernel-headers) and it builds fine after a bit more patching but
> set_phys_to_machine isn't exported.
>

> > > Is there another call I can use instead or does that symbol need to be
> > exported?
> >
> > That is the only one?
>
> Comparing with blkback from 3.0.1, it uses m2p_add_override instead I
> think... should that work if I make the same changes to scsiback?
>
> Or maybe someone else already has scsiback working against 3.x.x?

I do. Try the #testing branch or the #devel/xen-scsi-1.0 (but you should merge
it against the 3.1 kernel
otherwise it won't compile b/c one argument changed - but you could alter it
yourself if you are
using the 3.0 tree).

Git tree: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git

They also moved - to drivers/scsi.