Re: [Xen-devel] ååï [help] Who's the author of libxc? I don't know howto start with it

Please don't top-posting.

And I strongly recommend you use Gmail (or other proper mail clients),
because QQmail messes up threads.

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 10:24:07AM +0000, Âçæaware wrote:
>     Thanks.
>     I have already previewed the xenctrl.h.
>     The following is what I understand: libxc is compiled to a file name
> after 'xc**' endding with '.so', xend communicates with domain0 through xc
> and domain0 communicates with hypervisor through privcmd.

libxc is not a standalone program you can call. xend has a python
module to expose libxc functionalities to python.

If you are using newer xen, you probably want to change to xl
toolstack.

>     What's the privcmd?

It is short for "privileged command" I think. It is the entry point to
kernel space when you want to issue a hypercall.

Wei.