Re: [Xen-devel] xenoprof patch for oprofile-0.9.7

On 12/21/2011 10:43 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 04:44:53PM -0500, William Cohen wrote:

>>> So I tried to do it today but running in trouble of compiling it on
>>> Fedora Core 16. You wouldn't have any patches floating around to make it
>>> compile? (I used first a virgin 0.9.7 version).
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> Hi Konrad,
>>
>> Sorry I didn't see this email earlier.
>
> That is OK.
>>
>> The patch applies cleanly to oprofile 0.9.7 and builds on fc17. What was the
>> error you got?  How are you configuring it? You should be able to do
>> something like:
>
> Well, I was getting some errors about the wrong header files, but now
> that started it again the errors don't show up.
>
> Could be that I had installed the required libraries/headers in between
> when I had the problem and now, but can't recall.
>
> Should get you some details soon to your question. Thanks!

Hi Konrad,

Glad to hear that oprofile built successfully. One trick that I have done in
the past is get the source rpm for a package and then do a "yum-builddep
<path-to-srpm>" to make sure that everything needed is installed on the machine
before doing development work on the package.

Look forward to the feedback on this version of oprofile.

-Will