Re: [Xen-devel] Failure to start X windows in Dom0 under Xen 4.1.2

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 07:12:53PM +0100, Jan Vejvalka wrote:
> Hi *,
>
>   after two unsuccessful attempts to get help on xen-users, I dare to
> re-post my problem to zen-devel.
> I'll be grateful for any hint.

I am going to need some more details
[http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenParavirtOpsHelp.html]

If you can't get the full serial console, you can give the 'xl dmesg'
and 'dmesg' output.

Also did you look in:
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps.html#head-214e7c90d504695bacd261fbeed67f6a0d1e73a7

and
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps.html#head-9fb34d1cf597800d371b844568797d4db8587dce

> Trying to run X windows on Linux 3.1.1 Dom0 kernel under Xen 4.1.2
> (built as http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/system/xen/) on
> Slackware 64-13.37. (The next step should be a HVM guest driven through
> a vnc window from Dom0).
>
> On the same kernel booted natively, all works fine; when booting under
> Xen, Xorg does not start. The (relevant?) error messages that I find in
> Xorg.0.log are
>
> (WW) System lacks support for changing MTRRs
> (EE) VESA(0): V_BIOS address 0x0 out of range
>
> (the full diff of the respective Xorg.0.log-s is at
> http://camelot.lf2.cuni.cz/vejvalka/posts/xlog-diff)
>
> What is it that I am missing ?

>From a first glance it looks as if the KMS drivers hadn't been loaded -
but I don't know which ones (since I don't know what drivers you have).