[Xen-devel] fsincos emulation on AMD CPUs

All,

in the light of erratum #573 I'm wondering if we need to tweak or
conditionally suppress fsincos emulation. The question is whether there
is any possibility for getting the emulator to hit this instruction on AMD
(as no real mode emulation ought to be taking place there), i.e.
whether there are places where emulation gets continued eagerly
in anticipation of the need for emulation on a nearby instruction. I
don't think that's happening, but I'd like to be certain.

Even in the absence of any present possibility I would question
whether it wouldn't make sense to filter this situation so that there's
no latent potential for running into problems here (read: opening a
security hole) in the future.

Jan