Re: [Xen-devel] a ton of kernel issues

Am 12.12.11 22:56, schrieb Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:

> Did you try the latest and greatest? Meaning anything that is based on a
> 3.0 (or higher) kernel?

Not the latest. Oneric Kernel is 3.0. Unfortunately I'm short on time
right now but I will setup a complete testscenario and report back.

>> a migrated domu, some crash right at the migration and some crash right
>> at the start if vcpu_avail > vcpus.
>
> Is this with more than 32 CPUs?

No, happens with vcpu_avail=2 and vcpus=1.

>> I've tested
>>
>> xen-4.0
>> xen-4.1
>>
>> debian 6 32 and 64 bit (2.6.32-x kernel)
>> ubuntu lucid 32 and 64 bit kernels including karmic, natty and even
>> oneric backports
>
> backports? Why not just .

Didn't get that. Till now I was trying to get away with standard
distro's ressources since I have to give some of the work in others
hands which I do not want to confront with kernel-compiling stuff.

> Looking at your BUG, did you look in the .config to see if you
> had MAXSMP or NR_CPUS defined? If you had MAXSMP, there was a bug
> for that fixed in 2.6.39 time-frame (I think). And if you look
> at the NR_CPUS, do you see the NR_CPUs > 0 virtual_cpus?
>

> Otherwise, does the virgin kernel boot if you specify maxvcpus=vcpus
> and then later on use xm to take CPUs away?

Yes, but It crashes sometimes if I re-plug the CPUs. I will include this
in my test scenario.

>> I've put some questions on the users mailinglist, wrote bug reports but
>> today after two month work on this I'm as stuck as one can get.
>
> Uh? Hm somehow we [kernel engineers] never got copied on it.

Well, thanks for your prompt reply right now. I will do my best to put
all my findings together in a way that helps solving the problems (or
finding the point where I made the big mistake:)

Regards,

Tim