Re: [Xen-devel] Xen shadow page table

Hello,

(Please don't top-post)

At 03:02 -0800 on 12 Dec (1323658959), jack nemati wrote:
> I just need to enable the Xen shadow page table (if HAP is not
> possible) in that I need to take the control of dom0's pages in order
> to modify their control flags. is there any solution for this problem.

The way to enable shadow pagetables for dom0 is the "dom0_shadow"
command-line option to xen.

> it's noticeable that, I have enabled this feature by directly setting
> of the opt_dom0_shadow init variable but I cause some CPU stall.

It works fine for me (with a 64-bit dom0 on 64-bit xen from xen-unstable
tip, on an Intel Xeon E5520).  There must be something different about
your setup that causes it to fail.

(Please read http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen about
how to report errors in Xen.)

Cheers,