[Xen-devel] HYBRID: SMP without HAP (PV MMU)

Hi,

I have hybrid smp running with autoxlate. However, without autoxlate, I am
running into issues realted to TLB flush.  The guest in this case makes
multicalls as part of which cache is flushed (__do_update_va_mapping,
etc..). However, the guest is using VPIDs and it is getting complicated.
I can just xen not do any TLB management and let the guest just do it
after return from the hypercall. That would be simpler than hacking xen
further to put in hooks for hybrid. However, before doing that, I am wondering
if there is even a usecase for hybrid without HAP. The only case I can think
of is dom0. For backend grant frames mapping with autoxlate/HAP, it would
need to update the HAP for every frame, and don't know if that would be
a significant overhead. If not, then we don't really have a use case for
running hybrid autoxlate off, and no point in spending time on it.

Thanks for any input.
Mukesh