Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about GPLPV stability tests

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Roderick Colenbrander
<thunderbird2k@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
> <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, i7 950 does not have ARAT as it is the first Nehalem generation.

>>> Absolutely. As I mentioned I just re-performed tests recently and found
>>> that even Xen 4.1.1 (earlier tests were for 4.0.1) is unstable without
>>> my patch on non-ARAT-CPUs.
>>
>> Did you try 4.1.2? This looks quite similar to one particular bug where
>> the vectors were not migrated properly.
>
> I haven't tried Xen 4.1.2 yet. We likely had the issue on Xen 4.0.1
> though our data is not conclusive. Was the Xen 4.1.2 bug you refer to
> also around in Xen 4.0.1?
>
> I'm still preparing our tests. Is there any special logging option
> which would be useful to log anything? All systems are now setup with
> serial consoles and we log Xen and Dom0 to there.
>
> Roderick

It took about a week, but the systems went down again. Linux is down,
but the hypervisor is still reachable on the serial console. Is there
anything interesting to dump from there?

Thanks,
Roderick