Re: [Xen-devel] KEXEC: allocate crash note buffers at boot time v5

(Andrew, my previous reply dropped all Cc-s, but I'm re-sending not only
because of that - I also adjusted the first part of the response.)

>>> On 02.12.11 at 16:19, Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just had another look at the Dom0 side of things, and I fail to see why
you think moving this out of per-CPU data is necessary: All Dom0 does
with the provided info is set up the resource tree. The data doesn't get
stored for any post-boot use. What am I overlooking?

>+    /* In the case of still not having enough memory to allocate buffer room,
>+     * returning a range of 0,0 is still valid. */
>+    range->start = __pa((unsigned long)crash_notes[nr].start);
>+    range->size = crash_notes[nr].size;

Comment and implementation don't match - __pa(NULL) is not zero
(and the cast to 'unsigned long' is pointless afaict).

Jan