Re: [Xen-devel] VM Hanging after reboot

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 09:09:58PM -0200, Artur Baruchi wrote:
>> Hi Konrad.
>>
>> That was my first though (disk going bad). But I create another VM in
>> a different host and faced the same error. I tried to create another
>
> So is the error from within the guest or from the dom0?

As Konrad asked, is the error in dom0 or domU?

If dom0, then most likely it's disk problem. One way to diagnose it is
by reading from the disk (dd_rescue is nice) and see if at least it's
able to read the disk completely.

If domU, then it's probably a bug in dom0 kernel (the blkback driver,
perhaps). In which case novell guys might be able to help you more. I
recall something like this when using older kernel for dom0 (forgot
the exact version, sorry), but the error went away after I used
vanilla 3.1.0 for dom0 kernel.

--
Fajar