Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about GPLPV stability tests

On 29.11.2011 16:48, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
Your tests are heavily stressing DomU. During any of your tests, have
you seen DomU crashing in such a nasty way that Dom0 went down? What
about in production? Our servers use similar software to you
(initially Xen 4.0.1, but now Xen 4.1.1 and a Linux 2.6.32-pvops
kernel), but a few percent of our servers go down in a very nasty way
every day. Dom0 becomes unresponsive, it feels it 'hung' and we have
to force reboot the boxes. Do issues like this sound familiar?

Not in this year of my stability tests. In this year I am always experiencing crashes of domU only. dom0 was always stable.

But last year, I hunted a very serious problem which causes nasty hangs/crashes in dom0 (which crashes domU as a consequence). See this mailing list post:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-09/msg00556.html

In my tests it clearly shows that if you have a CPU without ARAT and you don't have the patch from my post, your Xen 4.0.1 or 4.1.1 will crash under load and/or after a while. What is your CPU?

Regards Andreas