Re: [Xen-devel] HYBRID: PV in HVM container

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:21:19 +0000
Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> > Alright, got hybrid with EPT numbers in now from my prototype, it
> > needs some perf work..
>
> Is HVM a PV on HVM guest or a pure HVM guest (no CONFIG_XEN)?

PV on HVM.

> How is it possible that the HYB-EPT numbers here are so much worse
> than HVM? Shouldn't they be the same as in the other tests?

Yeah I know. I wondered that myself. I need to investigate.

> why are you using the paravirt version of start_context_switch and
> end_context_switch? Is this for the non-autotranslate version?

this is for non-autotranslate version.

> So in theory HYB-EPT is running with native_cpu_ops and
> native_mmu_ops; in this case I don't understand why the performances
> are lower than HVM.

Yup, same here. I'll have to investigate to see whats going on. Keep you
posted. I am working on SMP now, then I'll take a look.

thanks,
Mukesh