[Xen-devel] Re: PV drivers on HVM using Xen 4.1.1

--On 27 October 2011 13:56:41 +0100 Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I've found one reason why we can't get PV block drivers on HVM
domUs working on Xen 4.1.1 - whether we use a pvops or a xenlinux
domU kernel.

We are using a line like:

  disk = [ "tap:aio:/tmp/centos-pvd.img,xvda,w" ]

We are using effectively a standard 3.0 kernel. Config options including
the word XEN are below.

We do not see blktapctrl starting in Xen 4.1.1 dom0, but it does
start in Xen3.

The magic incantation to fix this here was:
        modprobe xen_gntdev
which for some reason is not modprobed in the startup script (Ubuntu
one anyway).

We now see pv block devices on hvm.

--
Alex Bligh