Re: [Xen-devel] readonly grants

Please don't top post.

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 18:36 +0100, Mohammad Hedayati wrote:
> Though the page is not owned by the issuing domain, the l1 page is, so
> the l1e_get_page (if you meant so instead of get_page_from_l1e)
> succeeds. There should be a check somewhere else, probably in
> x86_emulate or subordinate routines.

I really did mean get_page_from_l1e which takes a reference on the page
referenced by an l1e, not the page containing that l1e. i.e. it takes a
reference on a data page not an l1 page-table page.

l1e_get_page just extracts the pfn from a PTE and converts it to a
struct page so it isn't interesting from this point of view.

Ian.