[Xen-devel] Help: Mapping a grant reference fails

Hello All,

I need a little help, I am trying to map a grant reference, I know
something is wrong because I have this in dmesg:
(XEN) grant_table.c:304:d0 Bad flags (0) or dom (0). (expected dom 0)
Also Xenstore reports this:
 error = ""
  backend = ""
   vbd = ""
    18 = ""
     832 = ""
      error = "1 mapping ring-ref 1 port 4"
This happens when my Block Driver is trying to connect to the back end.
I have traced the problem to the line where I am setting up
gnttab_setup_table, the struct has a field XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(ulong)
frame_list. Here is the problem, whatever type I assign it (void *,
unsigned long ...etc) fails. According to documentation this is the
address where the grant table begins. I I change the type of the
parameter in the struct it does not work. I think I have to resolve
the underlining issue on the XEN_GUEST_HANDLE...
The compiler has this error:
src/xen-blk.c:141:17: error: incompatible types when assigning to type
‘__guest_handle_ulong’ from type ‘struct grant_entry_v1 *’

Thanks for the help,

Daniel

--