Re: [Xen-devel] Missing blktap(2) driver in kernel-2.6.32-*.el6.xendom0.x86_64.rpm

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 08:35:23AM -0400, David Della Vecchia wrote:
   I'm not sure if this belongs here, but someone in the ##xen channel in
   [1]irc.freenode.net told me to message this list and let people know about
   and/or inquire as to why the blktap (or better yet blktap2) driver is not
   included in M A Young's aforementioned kernels, blkbackend is there but it
   does not allow for tap:aio disks in the domU's.
   Thanks,

The answer is that it isn't there because I haven't got the kernel to compile with it enabled. I may have another look at it, but it may be that it requires too much needs to change to get it working.

        Michael Young