Re: [Xen-devel] Compilation problems: oldstyle/xenlinux 2.6.38, blktap2

Jan,

--On 20 October 2011 08:20:20 +0100 Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Quite obviously your kernel will lack support for any of the tap2:
protocols.

Stupid question #3: If this kernel is running as dom0 for 3.3.x,
would it use any of the blktap2 stuff anyway? I'm working from
memory here but didn't that come after 3.3.1? And if I'm wrong, aren't
I going to want to build blktap2 (presumably not -new) as a built-in
(i.e. "y")? Perhaps I'm missing what tap2 does vs. tap.

Indeed, tap2 appeared in 4.0.0 only, so with 3.3.x you should be
safe to leave it off.

Thanks.

--
Alex Bligh