Re: [Xen-devel] pv guests die after failed migration

On 10/15/2011 07:44 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Sat, 2011-10-15 at 02:18 +0100, Andreas Olsowski wrote:
It seems this still has not made it into 4.1-testing.

I'm afraid I've not had time to "figure out how to automatically select
which guests are capable of a cooperative resume and which are not." so
it hasn't been fixed in xen-unstable either AFAIK.

Wouldnt just assuming all of them do fix a bigger percentage of systems than leaving it the way it is?

I'm also still interested in confirmation to the question I asked in the
mail you just replied to.

Oh, i thought i allready did.

> Are you saying that you don't see the "failed for domain %u" message
> immediately after the xc_domain_resume call?
>
> +    if (xc_domain_resume(ctx->xch, domid, 1)) {
>            LIBXL__LOG_ERRNO(ctx, LIBXL__LOG_ERROR,
>                            "xc_domain_resume failed for domain %u",
>                            domid);
>
> That would be pretty odd...

Yes that is what i am saying:

root@memoryana:/var/log/xen# cat xl-testmig.log
Waiting for domain testmig (domid 2) to die [pid 13349]
Domain 2 is dead
Done. Exiting now

--
Andreas