[Xen-devel] Several questions from a freshman to Xen

Hi Guys,

I am new man with some confusions to this amazing technology, hope you guys give answers to help me better understand Xen. :)

1, You guys have been working on developing many releases, do you guys have agreements on developing every source code based on a fixed linux kernel version before starting a new release? If so, how could I know the corresponding kernel version to a given xen release? I tried to find answer for myself on the following wiki page, but it is not latest enough.

http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/DistributionSupport

2, I found some interesting source files in xen-4.1.1 release, I listed them below:

$ ll
drwx------ 4 royo royo 16384 2011-10-12 00:20 arch/
drwx------ 5 royo royo 16384 2011-06-15 00:03 common/
-rw-r--r-- 1 royo royo 19185 2011-06-15 00:03 COPYING
drwx------ 2 royo royo 16384 2011-06-15 00:03 crypto/
drwx------ 8 royo royo 16384 2011-06-15 00:03 drivers/
drwx------ 9 royo royo 16384 2011-06-15 00:03 include/
-rw-r--r-- 1 royo royo  5529 2011-06-15 00:03 Makefile
-rw-r--r-- 1 royo royo  3498 2011-06-15 00:03 Rules.mk
drwx------ 3 royo royo 16384 2011-06-15 00:03 tools/
drwx------ 4 royo royo 16384 2011-06-15 00:03 xsm/

Are these files going to replace or be added to linux kernel source while making dm0? I am amazed that this release can be installed to many linux distributions with different kernel, how could you guys achieve this?

Thanks,
Royo