[Xen-devel] credit2 data structures

George,

while hunting down direct assignments of cpumask_t variables (which I'm
trying to eliminate so that hypervisor binaries built for many CPUs won't
have undue memory overhead on "normal" [smaller] systems), I stumbled
across memory references that at the first glance looked buggy to me
due to their huge immediates. As it turns out, they're not buggy but a
result of credit2's struct csched_private - particularly having a NR_CPUS
sized array of struct csched_runqueue_data, which in turn has three
cpumask_t-s, totaling to a structure size of about 6.5Mb when building
for 4095 CPUs (the current upper limit in Xen).

Apart from the possibility of allocating the arrays (and maybe also the
cpumask_t-s) separately (for which I can come up with a patch on top
of what I' currently putting together) - is it really necessary to have
all these, the more that there can be multiple instances of the structure
with CPU pools?

Jan