[Xen-devel] pv-grub Solaris support

Hello all,

I've patched pv-grub to allow it to boot a Solaris PV domU using an
unmodified menu.lst. The attached patch has been tested with various
Solaris versions (Solaris 11 Express, OpenIndiana 151a, OpenSolaris 134,
Nexenta Core 3.0.1; all 64-bit). I appreciate your feedback.

The patch consists mainly of Oracle's grub modifications, which add ZFS
support and Solaris-specific builtins (findroot, bootfs, kernel$, and
module$). I took the relevant code from the "Oracle Solaris 11 Express
2010.11 GPL Source, Part 2" package, downloaded from:
  http://dlc.sun.com/opensourcecode/solaris/sol-11-exp-201011-GPLSource_2.zip
The kernel$ and module$ builtins were modified to boot Xen PV Solaris
kernels.

The patch is against current xen-unstable. I built and tested pv-grub under
Xen version 4.0.1 (Debian 4.0.1-2) amd64, with a Linux 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64
(Debian Squeeze) dom0. The location of menu.lst in the domU was specified
with the "extra" variable (e.g. extra="(hd0,0,a)/boot/grub/menu.lst").

Note: I had to create a symlink "xen/include/xen/libelf -> ." (not in the
patch) to build stubdom/libxc-x86_64 succesfully. Is this a bug, or is
there something wrong in my setup?

If you think this code is useful for other users, I'd be happy to see it
included in the Xen repository. Please let me know if there's anything that
needs to be changed.

Best,

Kasper