Re: [Xen-devel] Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff8803bb6ad000

On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 10:13:14AM +0400, rush wrote:
> OK, I tried it again, but Oops didn't gone.
.. snip..
>         echo    'Loading Xen 4.0-amd64 ...'
>         multiboot       /boot/xen-4.0-amd64.gz placeholder xsave=0
.. snip..
> Was it right?

Yup. I think.. this is a bit embarrassing. It took a bit of time for Intel
folks to get the xsave part right and I remember seeing this error about a
year ago with xsave on a Dell Optiplex 780. Hence I wonder if the fixes that
ultimately went in 4.1.1 did not get ported over to 4.0 and you are just
hitting that.

Can I ask you to do one more thing? Can you upgrade to the xen-4.1.1 in
the testing and try with the xsave (or without) and see if it works?

<holds his fingers hoping it is the xsave feature>