Re: [Xen-devel] HYBRID: set_page_prot() (make pte readonly)

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 03:12 +0100, Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> This for my hybrid, PV in HVM container with EPT.

Do you have something functional without EPT? I appreciate that this is
just a stepping stone to the final functionality but it might be worth
starting to post those patches? It would be a useful baseline for others
to start looking at additional features/optimisations on top of etc.

>  With EPT, I don't
> have the guest going to xen for any va_mapping, and only dealing with
> pfn's.

Do you do this by stubbing out the hypercalls (e.g. via a VDSO type
thing in guest address space) or are you cutting off the PV MMU stuff at
start of day using XENFEAT_autotranslated_physmap and/or
XENFEAT_writeable_*? Or some other option?

> So, I'm at a loss on how to make set_page_prot() work during
> xen_map_identity_early(). I tried few things, but no luck. The fixmap
> is not setup during this time, so can't use that.

You can just omit it altogether if XENFEAT_writeable_pagetables is set?

Ian.