[Xen-devel] [Project Idea]:-Want a guidance for the project

Respected Sir,
                     I am an undergraduate student from Pune University(India).As my last year project we are thinking of implementing the co-scheduling in Xen for concurrent jobs depending on the degree of concurrency of the domain.
      Sir, abstract for my project is as:

Abstract---Symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) virtual machine (VMs) allow user to take advantage of multiprocessor architecture. Xen current scheduler schedules the virtual CPUs (vCPUs) of a virtual machine asynchronously, which guarantees the proportion of CPU time corresponding to its weight, maximizing the throughput of the system. But the performance may deteriorated while executing concurrent applications due to current scheduling strategy. To address this problem Yulong Yu et al. proposed co-scheduling strategy in which vCPUs of a SMP VM are scheduled simultaneously. But this approach causes other problems such as CPU fragmentation, priority inversion that degrades I/O performance. Our implementation is inspired from the work proposed by Orathai Sukwong et al. in Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM) where no two vCPUs are forced to schedule simultaneously though they are executing concurrent jobs. Our implementation tries to co-schedule concurrent vCPUs depending on the degree of co-scheduling of a domain. If degree of co-scheduling of a VM is less than some threshold value then vCPUs of a VM are scheduled asynchronously and if it is more then all vCPUs are forced to scheduled simultaneously.

       Forceful co-scheduling of VM may cause many problems such as CPU fragmentation,priority inversion..This scheduling strategy may keep a balance.

Sir can you suggest any improvement to this idea.Should I mail you our project synopsis?

Thanking you