Re: [Xen-devel] Memory allocation going seriously wonky on 4.1.1

On 03/10/2011 20:10, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 02:55:07PM +0100, Anthony Wright wrote:
>>>>
>>> - How much memory did dom0 initially have?
>>> - Did you use mem= parameter for dom0 kernel (vmlinuz) ?
>>>
>>> See: http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/Linux_30_bugs
>> On thing I forgot to mention, is that if I hit or get close to this
>> memory issue, one time in three/four on reboot the system hangs at the
>> final reboot request into the kernel.
> .. are there any guests still sitting around when that happens? If you
> reboot the machine normally do you see the same issue? (and do you have
> guests still running when you do this?).
If I startup and shutdown Dom0 without starting any DomU's the system
shuts down nicely every time.

If I startup a fair number of DomUs (23), then I have problems on the
shutdown every so often. As far as I know there are no DomU's running,
we do carefully shut them all down as part of the shutdown process, (xl
shutdown, and then an xl destroy if that doesn't work).

Surely though if Dom0 dies, shouldn't the whole system be shutdown too?