Re: [Xen-devel] pv guests die after failed migration

On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 10:15 +0100, Andreas Olsowski wrote:
> On 09/23/2011 09:47 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
[...]
> I did a clean/make/install after that, compilation worked fine.
>
> I then tested the migration towards an unsuitable target again and it
> did what you thought it could do. The guest resumes correctly at sender
[...]
> So that works

Great, thanks for testing.

I need to figure out how to automatically select which guests are
capable of a cooperative resume and which are not.

> There is no mention of the migration failing in the guest log though,
> maybe when a final patch is made it should log that failing migration?

Are you saying that you don't see the "failed for domain %u" message
immediately after the xc_domain_resume call?

+    if (xc_domain_resume(ctx->xch, domid, 1)) {
          LIBXL__LOG_ERRNO(ctx, LIBXL__LOG_ERROR,
                          "xc_domain_resume failed for domain %u",
                          domid);

That would be pretty odd...

Ian.