Re: [Xen-devel] Limit I/O for individual disks of VM

On 28/09/11 07:35, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 11:25 PM, Tõnis Bramanis wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> and thank You for the answer. Has anyone of You tried to limit i/o on
>> the VMs?
>>
>> I have about 40 containers and when the i/o gets too high, the host
>> will crash with this error:
>> [23959.739698] sd 4:0:0:0: rejecting I/O to offline device
>> 5    [23959.771158] Buffer I/O error on device dm-0, logical block 40259
>>
>> This is not a support request! I am just referring why i would like to
>> limit the disks i/o.
> I think that IO error is a real problem that you should try to solve,
> rather than work around it by rate-limiting IO.

This is looking suspiciously like the line level interrupt migration bug.

Can you confirm the version of Xen, the raid controller you are using,
and paste /proc/interrupts from dom0 please.

~Andrew

>> Regards,
>> Tõnis Bramanis

>>> I think the hope is that we can use the generic Linux mechanisms for
>>> this rather than having to add anything Xen-specific.

Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com