Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] old RHEL3 domu kernel download

On 27/09/11 21:51, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 09:30 +0100, Peter Ajamian wrote:
>>
>>> Agreed. Given the presence of supported by Red Hat PV drivers for
>> RHEL3
>>> HVM guests I would strongly recommend using those and not the
>>> unsupported kernels that used to be on xenbits. If nothing else then
>> the
>>> fact that they haven't been updated for ~4 years (i.e. lack security
>>> updates over that period) should be enough to put most people off.
>>
>> Fair enough, I understand that position.  Still, it would be nice to
>> have the kernel above available for those who really need it, with the
>> full understanding that it is no longer supported,
>
> I've looked around internally for the RPMs which were previously
> published on xen.org but I'm afraid I cannot find them anywhere.
>
> If you really feel you cannot use the supported stuff from Red Hat then
> some older XenServer versions also contained similar RPMs, which still
> appear to be available:
>     http://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.5.0/rhel3x

Thanks.  I will try to go the supported route, but it's good to know
that this option is there, and I think it's a better one than trying to
make a 2.6 kernel work.

> Obviously these are completely unsupported in this context, either by
> xen.org or the XenServer folks. These appear to have a few more fixes
> (over the same rhel3x baseline) than the ones previously on xen.org but
> I guess that is a good thing.

Right, well as I said before, I'm not too concerned with supported, just
to get something that will work temporarily.  This looks like a good
option if the HVM route won't work, imo.

Thanks,

Peter