Re: [Xen-devel] RE: Stability report GPLPV 0.11.0.308

Hello James,

I did take a look at your commit 950 and I think there are 3 typos (see my patch). Anyway, I don't think that memory problems are causing the stability issues and (as some kind of "proof") I did not notice any increase in kernel memory usage during uptime of the VMs.

Actually I am not really sure if xennet is even the problem since in none of the crash scenarios there was something in the Windows event log. In my last test I was able to enter my password via VNC (it did not login though) - this should have written some entries to the security log which it did not. So I assume that xenvbd was dead too (killed by xennet) or is actually the real reason for the stability problems.

Regards Andreas