Re: [Xen-devel] Re: F16, yum install xen, run grub2 or grubby as needed?

On 21 September 2011 19:08, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, well, that is kind of convient. So you install new kernel and viola the
> new kernel boots in the hypervisor kernel?

The way I achieved that, is to edit /etc/default/grub to include
GRUB_DEFAULT="Xen"

which matches the submenu created by /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen

so the submenu is the default chosen, and the newest kernel is
automatically chosen from the top item of the submenu.

I suspect there are still flies in the ointment with that, which was
when I started to notice that installing a kernel had messed with the
/boot/grub2/grub.cfg file

If my server was in the remote data centre rather than the next room,
I wouldn't be confident about rebooting it and expecting it to run the
right combination of xen+kernel.