[Xen-devel] Re: xen: memory initialization/balloon fixes (#3)

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 01:29:21PM +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
> This set of patches fixes some bugs in the memory initialization under
> Xen and in Xen's memory balloon driver.  They can make 100s of MB of
> additional RAM available (depending on the system/configuration).
>
> Patch 1 is already applied.
>
> Patch 2 fixes a bug in patch 1 and should be queued for 3.1 (and along
> with patch 1 considered for 3.0 stable).
>
> Patch 3 is a bug fix and should be queued for 3.1 and possibly
> queued for the 3.0 stable tree.
>
> Patches 5 & 6 increase the amount of low memory in 32 bit domains
> started with < 1 GiB of RAM.  Please queue for 3.2

I've queued them up and going to test them this week to make sure
there are no regressions.

> Patch 7 releases all pages in the initial allocation with PFNs that
> lie within a 1-1 mapping.  This seems correct to me as I think that

The only thing I remember about this was with dmidecode doing something
fishy.. (As in, it wouldn't work when the pages under 1MB were released)
(But I can't remember the details about it, so I might be completly
wrong).

Could you please test that as well?