Re: [Xen-devel] Help With Custom Hyper Calls

On 12/08/2011 17:19, "John Backes" <john.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> So I'm new to Xen development and want to play around with Xen
> Hypercalls, but havn't been able to find a whole lot of documentation
> related to creating custom Hypercalls.  I've found that to create a
> custom Hypercall I need to define it with an unused Hypercall number in
> "xen/include/public/xen.h", but then I am unsure of the next steps
> (e.g., where to place the function to call with the Hypercall).
>
> Can anyone point more towards some documentation or at least towards the
> correct locations for registering new Hypercalls?  Thanks in advance.

Pick the name of a hypercall, e.g., update_va_mapping has a nice distinctive
name. Recursive grep for that name in the Xen and Linux source trees. Should
give you a pretty good start on the few places you need to register in the
hypervisor and in the guest kernel.

 -- Keir