Re: [Xen-devel] Using dom0's Networking inside Xen

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:16:34 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 20:17:03 -0700

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Mohammad Hedayati
<hedayati.mo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I need to use dom0's networking from within the Xen to send signals to
> neighbouring hypervisors in a cluster. What's the best way to do so?
> By best way, I mean the least intrusive method (i.e. a method than
> needs the least modification to dom0's kernel, probably using kernel
> modules or so).

AFAIK Xen (the hypervisor) does not have access to network or block
device (which is managed by dom0).

What do you want to achieve by "send signals to neighbouring
hypervisors in a cluster"?
If you simply want to do things like start/shutdown a domU, the
easiest way would be to write a userland program that runs on dom0,
listening on a socket to enable input from the network, which can then
control some aspects of of the hypervisor. One example of such program
is xend, which can use xen-api/xmlrpc/http to enable remote
operations.

--
Fajar